Adrenal Fatigue has many different signs and symptoms that can indicate that your adrenals aren't functioning the way they should be. What needs to be remembered is that every person is an individual and it may present differently from one person to another.
The most common symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue, are unrelenting tiredness, exhaustion, and fatigue, depending on which stage you are in. If you are in the early stages, you will probably only feel a bit more tired than usual, but if you are in late stage 3, you will feel exhausted and your fatigue will be unrelenting, possibly to the point of not being able to get out of bed to function. The other thing to remember, is that not everybody will have all the signs and symptoms mentioned.
Below is a list of common symptoms that can point to Adrenal Fatigue. Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list.
- Insomnia - you either can't fall asleep or you can't stay asleep
- Racing thoughts
- Low libido and loss of desire for sex
- The feeling of adrenaline surges through your body
- Feeling wired and tired
- Craving sweet foods
- Craving salty foods
- Feeling tired and unrefreshed, no matter how much sleep you've had
- Experiencing low energy between 3 and 5pm
- The need for caffeine to give you energy to start your day
- Inability to handle stress
- PMS in women
- Heart palpitations
- Recurrent infections such as colds or flu
- Thyroid problems
- Foggy thinking
- Finding it hard to get going in the morning
- Weight issues
- Feeling low
If you are experiencing any of these, or in particular, a combination of any of these symptoms, there is a good chance that your adrenals are struggling to keep up with the demands being placed on them. It's time to take stock and see where you can make changes to your lifestyle, in order to reduce your stress levels so that your adrenals can begin to heal.