• Annette Hurn

2021 - Your Year

One of the best memes that was floating around at the end of 2020 was the one where people were saying that they were staying up on New Year's Eve not to see the new year in, but to make sure that 2020 left! It certainly was a year that had surprises waiting at every corner, and I'm sure it's one that many people hope to forget.


Regardless of your thoughts about last year, every new year brings with it expectation, hope, new ideas and goals, and the overwhelming desire for this year to better than ever. We all inwardly want things to be better, even if it's only in a small way....you know....new curtains, a fresh coat of paint on the wall or even just replacing that cracked bowl that should had been turned into a pot plant a long time ago! Wanting something better is normal and healthy. Not desiring improvement is a slippery slope to the grave!


Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions in the early part of January...you know the type of thing....I'm joining the gym; I'm going to exercise 5 days/week (eek!); I'm giving up smoking as from tomorrow; I'm not going to eat 1 gram of sugar for all of 2021....you know what I mean. Unrealistic fantasies that leave people feeling like a failure by January 31st. The problem with these types of 'resolutions' is that motivation quickly wanes and guilt sets in because they're too extreme for the majority of the population to achieve. People would probably have a better success rate if they had a coach to keep them on track.


I've never been a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions...probably because I knew I couldn't live up to them. Instead, I think about the things I would like to achieve, write them down and then forget about them! When I've done this in previous years and then stumbled upon the list a couple of years later, I'm amazed at how many of the things I'd written that I could cross off as being done/achieved. Quite strange!


So, how does all that relate to a health blog? Well, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. But your health needs to have goals attached to it, just like saving up for a new car or a holiday. If you don't have a goal to aim for, you'll never achieve it. Your health will stay at the same level it's at right this minute that you're reading this, or maybe even deteriorate. Health is a journey that you embark on every morning when you get out of bed. Every piece of food you eat is either building your health and moving you forward on your health journey, or slowly breaking your health down and holding you back.


Setting goals for your health is more than going to the gym a few times every week. Exercise is about 20% of good health, the other 80% comes from your nutrition. When you incorporate both, your results can be amazing.


Lots of people enter a new year with the hope that this will be the year they can drop a size or two in their clothes and finally have a reason to justify buying that new wardrobe. If that's you, then I'd like to let you know about Metabolic Balance, the personalised nutrition program that will help you do just that.


Metabolic Balance offers you a program that is tailored specifically for you. Your health history and current health, along with a specific and comprehensive panel of blood tests, combine to produce your personalised nutrition plan that gives you results. Metabolic Balance helps to reduce inflammation in your body and balance hormones which allows your body to release excess weight.


This is not a "diet", neither is it a "quick fix". Metabolic Balance requires you to make changes, eat real unprocessed food, and examine some mindsets. If you are willing to do these things, this program is for you and will take you on an extraordinary journey where you will understand better than ever, what works for you and what doesn't. You will also learn a lot around how, and what you think about food.


Remember before I said many people would have more success with their goals if they had a coach? Well, Metabolic Balance is a partnership between practitioner and client. You aren't left to fend for yourself. You have plenty of help on your journey with your Metabolic Balance coach.


If you want this to be your year for success and a greater level of health, then book in for a 30 Minute Discovery Call where we can determine if Metabolic Balance is right for you.


Annette x


3 views0 comments

© 2020 Petrie         www.anayasnaturalhealth.com.au

PHONE: 0488 997523

EMAIL: anayasnaturalhealth@gmail.com

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Instagram App Icon

  Member Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)

3 Jn 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.